Creating a vision
You are never too young to start to think about what you want out of life!
Our sessions enable children to explore what is important to them, what they would like to achieve, what abilities they possess and what additional actions or resources they may need to realise their dreams. Developing a vision and defining goals enables children to measure their progress.
As children mature, it is important that they think about their future; what is important to them, what they would like to achieve, what abilities they possess and what additional actions or resources they may need to achieve their vision.
Creating a vision enables children to consider ttheir future and to moving in the right direction towards achieve their goals.
We help children to set themselves goals (key steps along the way). Setting goals helps children to maintain their focus and keep their motivation.
We like the SMART method by G T Doran which stands for:
- SPECIFIC – the goal should be clear
- MEASURABLE – it should be easy to measure
- ACHIEVABLE – within your child's reach but not overly easy to achieve
- RELEVANT – something that your child wants and is motivated to achieve
- TIME-TARGETED – it should have a reasonable deadline
As children progress through their goals, they feel proud, capable and empowered. In turn this boosts to their self-confidence and renews drive.