Creating a personal vision
As children mature, it is important that they think about their future; what is important to them, what they would like to achieve, what abilities they possess and what additional actions or resources they may need to achieve their vision.
Our vision workshop enables children to consider the questions above. Having a personal vision helps children to keep moving in the right direction to achieve their dreams.
To fulfil a vision, children need to set themselves goals. These goals are the key steps along the way. Goal-setting helps children to maintain their focus and keep their motivation.
We like the SMART method by G T Doran which stands for:
- SPECIFIC – the goal should be clear
- MEASURABLE – quantifiable in some way
- ACHIEVABLE – within your child's reach but not overly easy to achieve
- RELEVANT – something that your child wants and is motivated to achieve
- TIME-TARGETED – a reasonable deadline
As children progress through their goals, they feel proud, capableand empowered. In turn this boosts to their self-confidence and renews drive.